Monday, September 15, 2008

Asked for help off the street!

I just recently moved into my new apartment, and it has been quite an experience! I ended up renting a trailer to move my furniture from point A to point B. I was able to lift out all of the furniture with the help from my mom, minus the heaviest piece of all: THE SOFA! I was so desperate for help because it looked like it was going to rain that I needed to get it inside immediately. The only thing I could think of was to ask someone on the street, and pay them a little money for helping me.

So I did just that! Thank goodness that there is a restaurant right around the corner from me because I found a strong waiter walking to work just then! At first I wasn't going to ask him, but I didn't really have any other choice, so I ran up to him and told him my situation. He said he would help me, and I am proud to say that I am sitting on my sofa as I am writing this post! He was so nice that he even said if I needed help again, he'd come back and help (but I had everything else under control!) It's nice to know that there are still nice people out in the world!

No comments: