Monday, September 8, 2008

Adopt a dog or cat!


Okay okay, I know I did not adopt a dog or cat today but I did about a month ago. Meet the newest member of my family: Tashi! She is a Shih Tzu, and in the Tibetan language Tashi means good luck. She was brought to the shelter because someone found her roaming around on their front yard. Once she arrived at the shelter, she was checked for a microchip to see if she had an owner. She did have a microchip, but it was not registered to an address. So she was officially LOST. Since I volunteered at the shelter, I decided that I wanted to take her home and adopt her. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Everyday I see her when I wake up, she puts a smile on my face. Now I am so thankful that I volunteered there and found a furry friend!

I adopted her from a no kill animal shelter called Animal Aid that's located in South Florida. The website is updated weekly with new arrivals of cats and dogs of all ages. I am sure they have a perfect companion for you. Adopting an animal is so much better than going through a local breeder or pet shop. It was amazing to see how Tashi transformed into becoming so trustworthy and loyal to me in a matter of days. Have you ever adopted a cat or dog? Share your story!

No comments: